Chancel Choir Membership Information
What is the time commitment?
The choir sings in the 9:00 am Sunday worship service from September through July. On Sunday mornings, warm-ups begin at 8:10 am in the Sanctuary. Mid-week rehearsals are on Thursday nights, 7:30-9:30 pm, from September through May. There is no mid-week rehearsal during June and July.
What is the attendance policy?
With an understanding of how busy life can be, choir members are simply expected to participate as fully as they can. Hopefully, that will mean regular attendance at rehearsals and Sunday services. When attendance is not possible, choir members are encouraged to communicate absences in advance. Conflicts due to work or family are a normal part of life.
What are the requirements?
Singers should be able to sing in tune and hold a part. Basic music reading skills are also required.
How do I join the Chancel Choir?
Contact our director to visit a rehearsal.
What are the benefits of participating in the choir?
- Being a part of a diverse and friendly community of musicians.
- Singing is recreational—singers often leave rehearsal with a song in their heart and a spring in their step.
- Serve the church using your musical gifts.
- Improve your singing and musicianship.
- Perform beautiful music to God's glory every Sunday.
- Participate in major works concerts with orchestra.
- Feel more connected within the church.
For more information, please contact Li-Wen Monk, Director for Choirs, at (510) 848-6252 ext. 283 or firstname.lastname@example.org.