Children’s Ministry programming is offered Sundays, at 10 am. For ways to worship with your children at home, scroll below. Contact Rosemarie Eichner-Raja, Director of Children’s Ministry for questions or if you are eager to volunteer for any or all of these events or programs.
Face Mask Policy: Masks are now optional outdoors but remain required for indoor programming and activities.
In this season, we are focusing on rebuilding Christian community after a long time apart. At each care location, loving volunteers tell stories from the Bible, model Christian community, and invite children into a play-based program that prioritizes healthy interaction, kindness, and sharing. We share and hear the good news of Jesus’s love for us and the whole world. A strong and committed team is essential to nurturing children’s budding spirituality.
Sunday Programs and Locations:
Elementary School (K-4), 2nd Floor Westminster, W204 (former Joyful Noise room)
As construction continues for the Sacred Rest site on the field where we have been gathering, we will be moving indoors for our Sunday morning programs for elementary aged children. Our Director of Children’s Ministry has been working with the First Pres COVID task force, Facilities, and Operations to select the best spaces and transform them into welcoming places of worship and community-building with adaptations to minimize the risk of contagion.
All of the volunteers are fully vaccinated and boosted when eligible. We have improved ventilation and are strongly recommending mask-wearing indoors. Of course, as much as we try to do to mitigate risk, there will always be some possibility of contagion. We invite you to assess the best steps for your own family.
At 10am (drop off from 9:50), we will:
- Gather in the newly-modified W204 room on the 2nd floor of the Westminster building (up the outdoor stairs, down the outdoor hall, and across the breezeway). This room is directly above the Mears room.
- We will begin with some indoor games and a coloring/craft station to build community to begin our time.
- Then, we will move to the Speer room (across the hall) for our worship and Bible story time. Sunday’s story is “Jesus is risen! Appearance to Mary Magdalene.”
- Pick up will be in W204, where we will return after story time.
Preschool (2 years – preK), Playground
Our sweet preschoolers will continue to gather on the Playground for play and story time with the volunteers they have come to know and love. The preschool story will be “Jesus is alive!” from the Archbishop Desmond Tutu’s Children of God Storybook Bible. Please remember to send water bottles with your preschoolers! They become quite feisty when thirsty.
We are excited for all the signs of renewal God is working in our church community! Come, be a part, take your place, and help make good church happen! Contact [email protected] about how you can join our volunteer ministry team!
We are continuing to assess conditions and make data-based decisions to minimize the risk of contagion. Parameters may change as conditions warrant.
- All volunteers currently serving with the children are fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Stay home if anyone in your family has COVID symptoms.
- Bring a water bottle labeled with your child’s name. There are no accessible drinking fountains and kids get very cranky when thirsty!
For upcoming events or for resources to worship as a family at home, scroll below:
Talking with Your Children about Ukraine
Talking with Your Children about Violence as a Family of Faith