Thank you for joining us for an amazing weekend listening and learning from Christians of color who are on the front lines of combating racial injustice. Here are some ways to continue:
- Read, listen, and watch. Continue to become knowledgeable and more convicted that racial injustice is everywhere and it is systemic. This resource list is a place to start.
- Rewatch the conference replays on the First Pres Berkeley YouTube Channel.
- Give. Give of your time, talents, and financial resources to established groups working for racial justice.
- Pray. Let us all ask God for his forgiveness and grace. Let us repent where we need to repent and ask God to help us to do better, to not grow weary, and to commit to action.
- Commit, in your own way, to fighting racial injustice. Large or small, every step or action we take individually and collectively will help us, over time, to eradicate racial injustice from ourselves, our churches, our communities, and our institutions.
- Share your commitments with trusted friends and partners who will provide accountability to follow through with this taxing work. Consider starting a group in your local community who can work on this together, such as a racial justice working group in your church.
A Beginning, Not an End
Though the conference is over, the work of predominantly-white Christian churches has in many ways just begun. May we move forward in faith to partner and learn from each other, listening especially as Jesus called us, to voices from people in the margins of society.
We hope this conference served you well. We are so grateful you joined. We learned so much while organizing this conference, so we would also be so grateful if you would take a minute to help us make future events better by completing this quick conference evaluation.
Please email Beth Thomsen at email@example.com
Ways to Spread the Word
- Post on social media using #GCC2020
- Follow @firstpresberkeley and @firstpresrestoringjustice on Facebook and Instagram
- Share our posts on Facebook and Instagram
- Find local presbytery and congregation accounts and spread the word